The AJC Peachtree Road Race is July 4, and restaurants all over Atlanta are offering deals to runners. Race participants can get free pre- and post-race food or drinks from the restaurants below when they show their numbers or t-shirts. Know of any other discounts for runners? Leave them in the comments!
· People clad in this year's Peachtree Road Race shirt can get one free appetizer per runner at Blue Moon Pizza on July 4. The restaurant opens at 10 a.m.
· Runners who bring their race numbers in to Davio’s Northern Italian Steakhouse from 5 to 10 p.m. on Tuesday will receive 25% off of any pasta entree.
· Get a free liquid nitrogen milkshake with purchase of a burger at FLIP Burger Boutique all day on July 4 while wearing a 2012 Peachtree Road Race number or t-shirt. This offer is valid at both the West Midtown and the Buckhead locations.
· Runners, walkers, and volunteers with valid race numbers or t-shirts can get breakfast and a pint for free at Milltown Tavern's Peachtree Road Race After Party on Wednesday.
· Diners wearing Road Race shirts from any year will get $4 burritos at Willy's Mexicana Grill all day on Wednesday.
· For people who'd rather watch the race than actually run it, Cucina Asellina is right on the route and will open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. for brunch, cocktails and champagne.
· At mile marker 1.4 of the race, right outside of the restaurant’s location in Buckhead, McDonald’s will be giving out samples of their new drink, the Cherry Berry Chiller from 7:30 to 11 a.m.