1) Oakhurst: Inspections have begun at The Imperial. Status: Opening soon after their liquor license is granted by the state; 726 West College Avenue.
2) Chamblee: The news over at Southbound includes a targeted early 2014 opening, an upscale diner coming later, and maybe one more restaurant on the way after that. Atlanta Magazine has more details. Status: Opening early 2014; 5394 Peachtree Rd, website. Update: This has been updated to reflect changes to the original Atlanta Magazine piece.
3) Roswell: Construction is well under way at Foundation Social Eatery. Status: Opening mid to late December; 1570 Holcomb Bridge Road.
4) Westside: It appears that Ssam Sausage is now Ssam Burger and plans to open "as soon as possible." Status: Any day now; 2072 Defoors Ferry Road NW, Suite F, website.
5) Buckhead: Canadian healthy-fast-food-chain Freshii will join Lenox Square's new Fashion Cafe, according to Tomorrow's News Today, who also gives a recap of current renovation news. Status: Opening early next year; Lenox Square.
6) Avondale Estates: Local resident and hospitality veteran Luellen Marshall will open her dream restaurant, The Bishop, just a block down from already-popular Pallookaville, reports Tomorrow's News Today. Status: Opening next year; corner of North Clarendon Avenue and North Avondale Road.
7) ICYMI: Here's what the HD1-turned-Flip Burger looks like right now; and Ford Fry's set an opening date for St. Cecilia.
· All Plywood Report Coverage [-EATL-]
The Imperial, construction shot. [Photo]