1) Virginia Highland: Things are progressing nicely for Toscano & Sons, which shuttered its West Midtown location in June and announced its relocation to North Highland Avenue late last month. The restaurant hopes to be open by the end of the month; here's what it looks like right now. Status: Opening late 2013; 1050 North Highland Avenue, Facebook.
2) Brookwood: Angus Brown and Nhan Le's South Buckhead restaurant, Lusca, will open next Spring. The full-service restaurant will serve lunch and dinner with Brown helming the Kitchen and Le running the raw bar. Look for cold-pressed juices, raw oysters, live prawns steamed with lemongrass and garlic, whole grilled and steamed fish, stews and soups, and more. The restaurant is in the middle of town, "and after dinner you can always go to Octopus Bar for four or five more drinks and a second dinner." Status: Hopefully opening by March 1 in the current Bluefin space; 1829 Peachtree Road NE.
3) Buckhead: A new barbecue concept, Smokebelly, will open from the team behind Tin Lizzy's Cantina, The Big Ketch Saltwater Grill, and Milton's Cuisine & Cocktails on East Andrews Drive. What Now, Atlanta reports that the restaurant hopes to start serving in February. Status: Opening early 2014; 128 East Andrews Drive, Facebook.
4) Midtown: A third Atlanta location of Tacos & Tequilas Mexican Grill will replace the shuttered Deckard's American Tavern at Midtown Place, the shopping center anchored by Home Depot and Whole Foods across from Ponce City Market. Status: Permits filed November 18; 650 Ponce de Leon Avenue.
· All Coming Attractions [-EATL-]
Toscano & Sons. [Photo: Bear Maker Bakery]