KR SteakBar. [Photo: Alex Lassiter]
1) College Park: There's a new online cupcake shop-turned-tapas bar in town, and it's called FC Tapas Lounge & Bar. FC stands for Forever Cupcakes, which they serve along with cocktails, tilapia tacos, pulled pork sliders, and more. Status: Certified Open; 3719 Main Street, College Park, (404) 787-7145.
2) Peachtree Hills: Kevin Rathbun's latest restaurant— his first outside of Inman Park— starts its full service today. KR SteakBar offers small-plated steaks and Italian fare; see pictures of the space here. Status: Certified Open; 349 Peachtree Hills Avenue; (404) 841-8820.
3) Sandy Springs: Moderna is now open, offering Mexican cuisine and cocktails seven days a week. The menu boasts tacos, soups and salads, and plates like chicken mole, pasilla-blackened salmon, and, uh, something called a Jewban sandwich. Status: Certified Open; 8540 Roswell Road, Sandy Springs, (770) 559-5933.
4) Emory: Zoës Kitchen's newest location opens next week in Emory Village. This will be its sixth in the Atlanta area. Status: Opening Thursday, February 28; 1385 Oxford Road NE.
5) Vinings: Florida-based First Watch opened its second Atlanta location this week in the Ivy Walk shopping center. The restaurant replaced J. Christopher's and serves breakfast, lunch, and brunch. Status: Certified Open; 1675 Cumberland Parkway, Smyrna.
· All Opening Report Coverage [-EATL-]