Welcome to the weekly opening report. Know something new to the scene? Drop us a line.
1) Food Trucks: Smiley's Street Eats has 21 types of po' boys, and you can try all of them at the Atlanta Food Truck Park. Here's the menu. Status: Certified Open; Track them on Facebook, (404) 96604492.
2) Johns Creek: The first Georgia location of First Watch opened last month in Johns Creek, replacing J. Christopher's. The restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and brunch, and plans to open approximately 20 locations in the Atlanta area. Status: Certified Open; 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily, 11720 Medlock Bridge Road.
3) Sandy Springs: Opening on Friday, February 8 is That Pie Place, a new pie shop serving sweet and savory pie pockets for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert daily. Options include salmon teriayki and buffalo chicken pies as well as salads and sides. Status: Opening Friday, February 8; 6355
Peachtree Dunwoody Road NE, (770) 394-4741.
4) Alpharetta: Mambo's Cafe will reportedly reopen today. The restaurant relocated to Windward Parkway after closing its Haynes Bridge location at the end of July. Status: Opening this week; 4915 Windward Parkway.
5) Athens: UGA "football legend" Herschel Walker has opened Herschel's Famous 34 Pub and Grill in Athens, GA. The restaurant is located on E. Clayton Street downtown and offers steaks, burgers, 34 types of both wings and beers, and more. Status: Certified Open; 320 E. Clayton Street.
· All Opening Report Coverage [-EATL-]