Welcome to the Plywood Report. Is something opening near you? Drop us a line.
1) Castleberry Hill: The restaurant group behind Meehan's Public House plans to open a new barbecue concept downtown by Labor Day. It'll be called Smoke Ring and will be helmed by chef Jordan Wakefield. Atlanta Business Chronicle has more. [PLYWOOD]
2) Midtown: A new burger spot called B.Y.O.B. will open soon in Colony Square. Tomorrow's News Today reports that the restaurant will replace a former Gyro Wrap and will sell typical burger fare. [POST-PLYWOOD]
3) West Midtown: Replacing Toscano & Sons on Marietta Street is 850F Bar & Pizza. The pizzeria is apparently supposed to open in 96 days. [PLYWOOD]
4) Chamblee: From Food Network alum and chef Alexis Hernandez, Union City Kitchen is set to open this summer in Chamblee. The restaurant, which plans to serve new American cuisine, has been posting pre-opening updates on Facebook. [PLYWOOD]
5) Doraville: Two new restaurants are coming to a Peachtree Industrial shopping plaza: the Crab Boil and Front Row Seafood and Sports Bar. TNT has the scoop. [PLYWOOD]
· All Plywood Report Coverage [-EATL-]