1) Marietta: Common Quarter, the forthcoming East Cobb restaurant from Chris Talley and the Local Three team— Chris Hall, Todd Mussman, and Ryan Turner— is set to open this September. Status: Opening in September.
2) West Midtown: The second location of Delia's Chicken Sausage Stand is all set to open as early as this winter. The restaurant is waiting on building permits, but owner Delia Champion plans for it to have a rooftop deck, twice the seating as the East Atlanta location, and a soda fountain. Status: Opening as early as December; 881 Marietta Street.
3) Atlantic Station: The Pig and the Pearl, a smokehouse and raw bar from the crew behind the Shed at Glenwood, will open this winter in Atlantic Station. Exec chef Todd Richards tells Atlanta Magazine, "We're focusing on two iconic styles of cooking and preparing in the South—two traditional dining methods." Status: Opening this December or January.
4) Inman Park: Folk Art will open on North Highland in Inman Park this August. The sister restaurant to Wisteria, the "nostalgic" breakfast and lunch spot will seat 80 and will serve from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. They'll have juices, coffee, cocktails, and breakfast and lunch menu items like waffles and pancakes in flavors including chocolate s'mores, bread pudding, and pumpkin spice. More here. Status: Slated to open in the next month.
· All Plywood Report Coverage [-EATL-]
[Rendering of Delia's Chicken Sausage Stand courtesy Plexus]