1) Downtown:— The Sun Dial has reopened after extensive renovations in the Westin Peachtree Plaza. Get the scoop on the new menu, which includes a lot of local produce, a vacuum-compressed watermelon salad, house-made hot sauce, and more right this way, and see more pictures of the new space here. Status: Certified open; 210 Peachtree St NW, Atlanta.
2) East Cobb: A new "modern neighborhood concept," Zeal is opening in East Cobb this fall. The restaurant is helmed by Eric Mulville, formerly the executive chef of Maggiano's. The restaurant will offer menu options for lunch, dinner, and late-night dining as well as cocktails, beer, and wine. Stay updated on Facebook. Status: Opening this fall; 1255 Johnson Ferry Road, Marietta.
3) Emory University: Now open in Emory's Cox Hall is a second DBA Barbecue location as well as Top Hat Pizza and fast-casual Asian restaurant Star Ginger, reports Tomorrow's News Today. A Twisted Taco is opening in the dining hall on Monday, and as of this summer, the campus food court no longer has a Chick-fil-A outpost. Status: Certified open (to the public); 569 Asbury Cir, Atlanta.
4) Cascade: Gladys Knight's Signature Chicken and Waffles will open a third location in Southwest Atlanta's Cascade neighborhood in late August. The first two restaurants can be found downtown and in Lithonia; there's more information here. Status: Opening this month; 3752 Cascade Road Suite 100, Atlanta.
5) Switcheroos: A new owner has taken over at Star Bar in Little Five Points. Kahle Davis is the fourth new owner of the music club, which opened over 20 years ago on Moreland Avenue. Creative Loafing has the story on what's going to change and what'll stay the same. Status: Open under new management; 437 Moreland Ave NE, Atlanta.
· All Opening Report Coverage [-EATL-]
The Sun Dial. [Photo: Billy Holcombe/Restaurants ATL]