Top Chef judge and Empire State South owner Huch Acheson will release new cookbook Pick a Pickle: 50 Recipes for Pickles, Relishes, and Fermented Snacks in March. The chef posted a photo of the "non-traditional" booklet, photographed by Rinne Allen, to Instagram; it features 50 fermentation and pickling recipes and comes from Potter Style, a publishing imprint specializing in high-end gifts and stationery.
Acheson's first book, A New Turn in the South, won Best American Cookbook at the 2012 James Beard Foundation Awards. He has a third on the way, called Eat Well, which will focus on the contents of CSA boxes, like kohlrabi, and how to cook them. Pick a Pickle drops March 25 and is now available for pre-order.
· @hughacheson [Instagram]
· Hugh Acheson's Pickle Cookbook Will Hit Shelves in March [-EN-]
· Pre-Order Pick a Pickle [Amazon]
· Q&A with Top Chef Judge Hugh Acheson [Washingtonian]
· All Hugh Acheson Coverage [-EATL-]
· All Book Club Coverage [-EATL-]