Staplehouse chef Ryan Hidinger has passed away. In the last year, the chef, his wife Jen, and their forthcoming restaurant Staplehouse have become emblematic of community in Atlanta— in December 2012 when Ryan was diagnosed with Stage 4 gall bladder cancer, the Hidingers' friends, family, and neighbors stepped up first to help the couple with their medical bills and then to grow non-profit organization The Giving Kitchen.
There's a moving tribute to Ryan, 36, in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, and there's more on the non-profit here. Do head over to read more, and consider donating or attending Team Hidi 2.0, the charity event on January 26 at King Plow to benefit the organization. Thoughts and sincere condolences to all who have been touched by Ryan Hidinger.
· The Giving Kitchen [Official Site]
· Ryan Hidinger Passes [AJC]
· Ryan Hidinger, Cancer, Staplehouse, and Community [-EATL-]
· Ryan and Jen Hidinger's Journey to Staplehouse [-EATL-]
· All The Giving Kitchen Coverage [-EATL-]