After a successful event a couple of weeks ago, chef Hector Santiago is hosting another Super Pan pop-up at The Sound Table. This Thursday from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m., or until the food runs out, Santiago will dish out his Latin American cuisine.
The full menu:
- Spicy olives and pickles
- Mexican tuna escabeche crackers
- Chicken Liver pinchos
- Jamon serrano, currants, orange oil
- Lion's mane soup, pear, chile oil
- Cauliflower ceviche, citrus, chiles, queso fresco, peanuts
- Smoked tofu coconut buns, pepitas, sambal, tamarind, cilantro, cabbage
- Tiradito, aji amarrillo, ginger, seaweed, canchita corn
- Smoked pork belly coconut buns, chestnut puree, maraschino ume glaze, salted cucumbers
- Arroz con Arenca en Paella, sun chokes, pearl onions, rosemary
- add soft egg $3; add pork belly $4; add grilled shrimp $6
- Coconut Tembleque brulee, dulce de leche, braised cocoa nibs
Santiago hopes to launch either a Super Pan or El Pollo Burro concept at Ponce City Market. He previously operated Super Pan as a lunch restaurant adjacent to his popular dinner eatery, Pura Vida, on North Highland Avenue, and his El Pollo Burro burritos were available on Saturdays. All three closed in 2012.