1) Alpharetta: South Main Kitchen opened to the public Monday night at 9 South Main Street in downtown Alpharetta. The new concept from Louis Soon, former GM at Salt Factory, Little Alley Steak, and Opulent in Roswell, has chef Christy Stone running the kitchen and is putting out "a healthy take on modern American comfort food."
"We focus on the artistry of food and how it sparks conversation, bringing people closer to one another," reads the restaurant's Facebook page. "We encourage our executive chef and sous-chef along with the staff to follow their passion giving them the freedom to be different."
Hours are Monday through Thursday from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., Saturday from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m., and Sunday from noon to 9 p.m. Check out the full menu right here.
2) Buckhead: The newest Meehan's Public House opens today at 322 East Paces Ferry Road in Buckhead. The Irish pub showcases a menu from executive chef Brian O'Rourke. It's the fifth outpost for the local chain, joining restaurants in Atlantic Station, Downtown, Sandy Springs, and Vinings.
In addition to the interior bar and dining area, an outdoor patio is available with seating for 35 to 40 patrons. Meehan's Buckhead is open seven days a week for lunch, dinner, and late night: Monday through Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 2 a.m., Saturday from 11 a.m. to 3 a.m., and Sunday from 11 a.m. to midnight.
· All South Main Kitchen Coverage [-EATL-]
· All Meehan's Public House Coverage [-EATL-]
· All Certified Open Coverage [-EATL-]