clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Gas Leak Forced an Evacuation at Buttermilk Kitchen

The incident occurred Sunday afternoon. No one was hurt.

Buttermilk Kitchen.
Buttermilk Kitchen.

Buttermilk Kitchen, the Buckhead purveyor of Southern staples such as biscuits, pimento cheese, and fried chicken, was forced to close Sunday afternoon due to a gas leak that caused a small fire. On its website, the restaurant apologized for the commotion:

There were a number of customers we had to ask to leave due to a gas leak, which created a small fire, and generated grave concern for the well being of those in the restaurant. While we were overwhelmed and anxious, we did not handle the way in which we asked everyone to evacuate well.

First, we want to say we are sorry. Although, the incident was unexpected, we should have been better prepared to respond to this type of situation. If you were affected by this, please contact the General Manager, Susie, at the restaurant (678) 732-3274.

Buttermilk Kitchen has been closed since the incident, taking time to remedy the issues that caused the leak, and plans to reopen on Wednesday. To reward customers for their patience, the restaurant is offering its chicken biscuit along with a side of stone-ground grits as buy one, get one half-off.

Buttermilk Kitchen

4225 Roswell Road Northeast, , GA 30342 (678) 732-3274 Visit Website

Sign up for the newsletter Sign up for the Eater Atlanta newsletter

The freshest news from the local food world