Bad Dog Taqueria, which moved into the kitchen at Joystick Gamebar last September, is adding brunch to its repertoire. The breakfast-style eats will be available all day on Saturdays and Sundays (noon to 2:30 a.m. and noon to midnight, respectively).
Here's what to expect on the menu:
- Coffee and Doughnuts: Mashed potato doughnuts — they're gluten-free — dusted with cinnamon sugar, paired with a 2-ounce sipper featuring 18.21 Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate, Genepy des Alpes (an herbaceous French liqueur), and house walnut tincture.
- Shakshuka Chilaquiles: Eggs poached in Moroccan stewed tomatoes served atop tortilla chips.
- Down Home Lovin' Burrito: Breakfast burrito filled with barbecue pork belly, scrambled eggs, black-eyed peas, Panting Dog hot sauce, and slaw, all wrapped in a steamed collard green leaf — also gluten free. Barbecue Tempeh can be subbed for pork belly, which makes it vegan and gluten free.
- Un-Oatmeal: Farro with housemade almond milk and topped with a choice of chopped nuts, pure maple syrup, seasonal fruit, raw local honey, and coconut palm sugar.
- Suuuu-weeee Skillet: Bacon, sausage, eggs, and potatoes with a biscuit and gravy on the side.
Joystick's regular cocktail menu will be available. The staff recommends the Alex P. Keaton, with sweet orange tea and whiskey. Every Alex P. Keaton order during the month of January will result in money donated to the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research. The Micheludo, a spicy beer Bloody Mary, is another appropriate brunch option, and the bar is adding on one brunch-only drink: Kelly Bundy, a sparkling cocktail with apple juice and 18.21 Apple Cardamom Shrub.