Ormsby's the Westside destination for food, booze, and bocce, is adding weekend brunch service to its repertoire. Starting this week, brunch will be served Saturday and Sunday from noon to 3 p.m. On the menu, look for:
- Fried chicken biscuit: fried chicken breast, scrambled eggs, cheddar, jalapeno cheddar biscuit, honey with grits, bacon, or potato hash.
- Corned beef & hash: braised corned beef, potato hash, sunny side up egg, steamed cabbage.
- Chicken & waffles: southern-fried chicken strips, Belgian or Red Velvet waffles, chipotle syrup, whipped butter, two eggs.
- Salmon croquette benedict: poached eggs, salmon croquette, wilted spinach, English muffin, hollandaise, chipotle cheddar grits.
- French toast: raisin challah, maple syrup with applewood-smoked bacon, grits, or potato hash.
- Shrimp & grits: roasted red peppers, caramelized onions, cream sherry. Small order $12, Regular order.
Brunch cocktails will be available from the bar — any excuse to do a little day-drinking, right? — including Ormsby's takes on the bloody mary and mimosa, as well as blackberry-bourbon-ginger iced tea and a prosecco cocktail with a sugar cube and choice of bitters. See the complete brunch menu below.