Hate going out on Valentine's Day? Too lazy to run to the store for ingredients to cook at home? Uber is here to save the day. Today only, from noon to 3 p.m., the rideshare service is partnering with PeachDish to deliver all the goods needed to prepare a romantic meal for two. To get in on the action:
- Open the Uber app and enter promo code "DINNERDATE" to unlock the view.
- Request "DINNERDATE" in your app between noon and 3 p.m.
- You'll receive a package with all the ingredients.
- Appetizer: Artisan cheese from Belle Chevre Fromagerie and Bonne Maman Preserves with crackers.
- Entree: Hand-cut beef filets, garlic mashed potatoes, and arugula salad with shallot-and-lemon vinaigrette.
- Dessert: Hand-dipped chocolate truffles.
The PeachDish meal kit costs $45 and includes more stuff for the 21-and-up crowd, such as a voucher for $100 in wine from NakedWines.com, two passes to a tour at Monday Night Brewing, and freshly pressed organic juice from Bamboo Juices. Head over to Uber's website for more details.