Mindy Kaling, along with some cast and writers from The Mindy Project, are in Atlanta this weekend for a panel discussion at Savannah College of Art and Design's third-annual aTVfest. The group will chat about the show after a screening Saturday afternoon, but Friday night, Kaling and co. dove into the cuisine at Kevin Gillespie's Gunshow.
It sounds like dinner was a hit.
Just working out at the hotel gym with Ike and Dave nbd. Although we ate a family of hens pigs and cows last night— Mindy Kaling (@mindykaling) February 7, 2015
The dishes sampled by the crew:
- Spicy Szechuan cumin-roasted Alabama lamb
- Vietnamese-style wings
- Barley cooked salmon with creamed fennel, mandarin, and black licorice
- Decimal Place goat cheese-and-beet agnolotti with mushrooms and truffles
- Floridian grouper "fish-n-chips"
- Yuca fries and banana ketchup
- Smoked pork loin, creamy polenta, and Coca-Cola-braised figs
- Brasstown Beef short ribs with Moroccan flavors
Named to Eater National's list of the 38 essential restaurants in America and now Mindy Kaling's best dinner ever: Not a bad year so far for Gunshow.
VITAL UPDATE: Kaling dined at The Spence Saturday night, and the reaction to Top Chef lifer Richard Blais's Juicy Lucy burger appears to be pretty positive.