Old Fourth Ward's 4th & Swift wants to give diners an idea of what to expect at the highly anticipated Ponce City Market, so proprietor Jay Swift will host a few of the development's tenants for dinners throughout April and May. Beginning Tuesday, April 21, the restaurant will feature concepts from five Ponce City Market headliners. The schedule:
- April 21: Guy Wong will serve up ramen, yakitori, sushi, noodles, and Japanese market goods at his Ton Ton preview.
- April 28: Anne Quatrano previews Dub's Fish Camp with a raw shell counter, housemade sandwiches, and steamed fish bowls.
- May 12: Sean Brock gives a first look at Minero, the second outpost for his Charleston-based Mexican concept, with spices, chili peppers, homemade salsas, fresh tortillas, and beans.
- May 19: Chai Pani's Meherwan Irani will serve Indian street food from his currently unnamed venture at the development.
- May 26: Linton Hopkins previews Hop's Chicken with fried-to-order chicken; biscuits; and a selection of sides including coleslaw, macaroni and cheese, and seasonal salads.
Each dinner will run from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Tickets, available online, are $50 and include one cocktail, and 10 percent of the proceeds will go to The Giving Kitchen and Historic Fourth Ward Park Conservancy. There's still no official word on when Ponce City Market will actually open its doors.