Piedmont Heights staple Woodfire Grill is shutting its doors later this month, but not before one last big meal. Former chef Scott Bevis has rounded up several of the kitchen's alums for a nine-course meal on Monday, May 18. The chefs in attendance:
- Scott Bevis (current sous chef at JCT. Kitchen & Bar)
- E.J. Hodgkinson (executive chef at King + Duke)
- Andreas Muller (sous chef at Gunshow, soon-to-be executive chef at Revival)
- Conor O'Reilly (sous chef at Woodfire Grill)
- Chrysta Poulos (pastry chef at St. Cecilia)
- Joey Ward (executive chef at Gunshow)
- Matt Weinstein (executive chef at Woodfire Grill)
- Tyler Williams (currently popping up around Atlanta)
- Jason Zygmont (executive chef at Five & Ten in Athens)
One notable name missing from the list is Gunshow chef/owner Kevin Gillespie, who helmed the Woodfire Grill kitchen from 2007 to 2012. Gillespie will be out of the country, but it's still an impressive lineup.
Each chef will prepare a dish for the tasting menu — nine courses in total. The night begins with a reception at 6 p.m., and dinner will be served at 6:45 p.m. Cost is $138 per person with additional wine pairings available. For reservations, contact owner Nicolas Quinones at firstname.lastname@example.org or (404) 347-9055.