Gunshow chef/owner and Top Chef alum Kevin Gillespie is opening his next restaurant, Revival, this Thursday. Taking over the former Harbour House Pub space in Decatur, Gillespie has said Revival will be his upscale ode to Southern cooking, and it looks like the menu will live up to that theme.
Revival will open for dinner only before eventually adding lunch service. Menu items are available a la carte, or tables can order family-style meals — again, Gillespie isn't skimping on the Southern theme — for $49 per person. Those come with an entree for the table, hors d'oeuvre, relishes, trimmings, cornbread, dessert, tea, and coffee. Below, get an idea of what to expect from the dinner menu.
Hors d'oeuvre ($6-$10)
- Sliced local tomatoes with cucumbers and sweet onion
- Toasted deviled ham tea sandwiches
- Local kale salad with old-fashioned boiled dressing
- Revival relish tray
- Old-fashioned skillet-fried green tomatoes
- Country-fried Kobe beef round steak with skillet pan gravy
- Revival fried chicken
- Grassfed beef and pork meatloaf wrapped in bacon
- Creamed Georgia white shrimp and Savannah red rice
- Wood-grilled Berkshire pork steak
- Spiced Mississippi catfish in Low Country tomato gravy
- Wood-grilled South Carolina quail glazed with roasted honey and garlic
- Mushroom-stuffed cabbage dumpling with spicy roasted tomato sauce
- Fatback-fried silver queen corn
- Hickory-smoked local greens
- Old-fashioned creamed potatoes
- Fresh field peas and snaps in sweet cream butter and dill
- Green cabbage with confit ham
- Revival mac n' cheese
- Pan-roasted mushrooms with celery and lemon
- Local zucchini fritters
- Geneva's toasted vanilla pound cake with peach fool
- Butterscotch trifle with butter pecan cream
- Lemon icebox pie
- Rustic peach and nectarine tart à la mode
- Awesome chocolate cake
Andreas Müller, who previously cooked with Gillespie at Gunshow, is on board as executive chef, and Christy Lee Faircloth, another Gunshow alum, is serving as general manager. Revival is located at 129 Church Street. Dinner hours are Sunday through Thursday from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. and Friday and Saturday from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
This post has been updated to reflect Revival's revised prices.