After closing down for a reboot, Ikea is ready to relaunch restaurants at all of its United States stores, including the outpost in Atlantic Station. Ikea announced the plans in February, noting the retail outlet's eateries have become an increasingly important part of the business.
The Atlanta restaurant will launch once again during Ikea's nationwide grand reopening weekend, April 29 to May 1, according to a press release. Fans of Scandinavian design and cuisine will find giveaways, new menu items, and a first look at the rebranded venue during the celebratory weekend. Ikea's restaurant is now broken down into three distinct sections. The first area "lends itself to a quick bite for the shopper on the run." The second space is family-oriented. The third section is called "Fika" — Swedish for "to have coffee" — with a living room atmosphere.
"We know that there is so much more to food than food. Food brings people together at home in everyone's daily lives, and we wanted to reflect that in the new dining experience at IKEA Restaurants," Patricia Meumann, U.S. commercial manager for Ikea Food, said in a prepared statement. "What better way to celebrate together with our customers than with tasty food and family fun during our upcoming grand reopening weekend."
The schedule for the reopening festivities is as follows:
Friday, April 29
- Ribbon-cutting ceremony for the grand re-opening of the new IKEA restaurant
- Early bird giveaways (5:00pm) - First 100 visitors to the restaurant receive mystery prizes ranging from food offers to gift cards ranging from $5-$100 in value
- IKEA FAMILY Dinner Special from 5:00pm - 8:00pm
- Three-course meal for only $6.99 (reg. $9.99); choice of meatball entrée + soup or salad + dessert
Saturday, April 30
- Early bird giveaways - First 30 people in line at store opening receive a free IKEA goodie bag with Swedish Food Market organic products (value $45); next 100 in line will receive mystery prizes ranging from food offers to gift cards ranging from $5-$100 in value
- Full day of IKEA FAMILY food offers
- Breakfast: Swedish-American breakfast for only $1.49 (reg. $2.99)
- Lunch: Chicken w/veggies and mashed potato for only $3.99 (reg. $4.99)
- "Fika" (Coffee Break): 50% off any dessert from 2:00pm - 4:00pm
- Dinner: Two-course dinner - any entrée plus soup or salad or dessert for only $4.99 (reg. $7.99)
- "Fika" workshop at 2:00PM where participants can learn the art of the Swedish coffee break
- Family-friendly activities (e.g., face painting, balloon artists, music, etc.)
- IKEA Food sampling and IKEA Swedish Food Market coupon giveaways
Sunday, May 1
- All-You-Can-Eat Brunch from opening to 2:30pm
- IKEA FAMILY price $9.99 (reg. $12.99)
- Early bird giveaways - First 100 people in line at store opening receive a mystery prize ranging from food offers to gift cards ranging from $5-$100 in value