The folks at Indian street food favorite Chai Pani are throwing a cookbook release party later this month, and the lineup of culinary talent is quite impressive. New York chef Deuki Hong and author Matt Rodbard are celebrating the debut of Koreatown: A Cookbook, and the Decatur restaurant will host a five-course dinner on Monday, June 27.
In addition to Hong and Chai Pani's Meherwan Irani, six more chefs from Atlanta and Asheville are on board to provide the eats.
- James Grogan, chef de cuisine of Chai Pani's Asheville outpost
- Jiyeon Lee and Cody Taylor of Heirloom Market BBQ
- Allen Suh of Gaja Korean Restaurant in East Atlanta Village
- Chris Hathcock, a local "chef-at-large" who regularly pops up around Atlanta
- Sarah Cousler, sous chef of Buxton Hall Barbecue in Asheville
In addition to the "collaborative blowout Koreatown feast," a special cocktail list from Erin Hawley of MG Road in Asheville will be available. Tickets are $85 and available online, and the festivities are scheduled to begin at 7 p.m.