Louis Soon and the team behind South Main Kitchen are closing in on a debut for their new sports bar. Butcher & Brew will begin service on Monday, August 22, at 3 South Main St. in Alpharetta. South Main Kitchen chef Christy Stone will turn out “a twist on classic American tastes with a hint of international flavors.”
“We want Butcher & Brew to be a place you can go to have a business or leisurely meal,” Soon said in Friday announcement. “A place you can watch the latest sports, have a craft beer and burger before a movie or indulge in a cocktail and appetizer after work with friends for happy hour. We want to bring guests the best food, drink and atmosphere that is perfect for any time or occasion.”
What does that “twist on classic American tastes” mean? Stone’s menu will include:
- Chicken wings tossed in one of six house sauces.
- Pimento-goat cheese fritters
- Crispy pork belly banh mi with ginger-chili mayo and Geotjeori kimchee.
- The Underwood sandwich (grainy dijon mustard spread, pastrami, Swiss cheese, and Giardiniera pickle relish).
- The FFI (a take on the French dip with roasted ribeye, horseradish mayo, and caramelized onion jus).
- Harvest Bowl (quinoa, spinach, carrot, cucumber, tomato, goat cheese, and B&B vinaigrette).
- Paleo Bowl (sweet potato, spinach, caramelized onion, avocado, hardboiled egg, and peanut spicy honey mustard).
At the bar, Butcher & Brew will offer 20 craft beers on tap, house cocktails, and “an approachable wine list.” Boozy milkshakes will be available as well.
The sports bar’s regular hours are 11 a.m to 10 p.m., seven days a week. Butcher & Brew will initially open for dinner only, and it would be fully up and running on Monday, August 29.