Brace: It’s time once again to begin freaking out about America’s most coveted (slash-overhyped?) bourbon brand: Pappy Van Winkle. As it does every year, Decatur brown liquor shrine The Pinewood Tippling Room is planning a Pappy dinner to benefit Amplify Decatur’s fight against poverty. Save the date for Sunday, October 23, and Monday, October 24.
Each night, beginning at 7 p.m., The Pinewood will serve a five-course meal complemented by various Pappy pairings. The event is $207.99 per person, and tickets are available online. But, diners are encouraged to arrive early. Communal seating is first come, first served. The Pinewood is partnering with Decatur Package Store for the event, and a silent auction will be held for those aficionados hoping to take a bottle of the elusive elixir home.
Take a look at the dinner’s menu below.
- Old Rip Van Winkle 10 year 107 pf Old Fashioned
- Grilled New Zealand rack of lamb, roasted cauliflower puree, mint gremolata
- Old Rip Van Winkle 10 year 107pf
- Wild mushroom gnocchi, asparagus confetti, lemongrass, arugula, shaved idiazabal, truffle oil
- Van Winkle Special Reserve 12 year Lot "B" 90.4pf
- Four Roses Elliot's Select 14 year 116.8pf
- Seared sea scallops, braised wagyu beef cheeks, horseradish whipped potatoes, root vegetable ragu
- Pappy Van Winkle Family Reserve 15yr 107pf and Elijah Craig 18 year 90pf
- Pinewood pain purdue with bourbon anglaise and vanilla bean ice cream
- Pappy Van Winkle Family Reserve 20 year 90.4pf
• All Events Coverage [EATL]