With Jarrett Stieber’s Eat Me Speak Me pop-up making a move to The SOS Tiki Bar in Decatur, there’s a void left at Gato. Enter Market, a weekend Thai pop-up that will begin serving out of the Candler Park diner in late April. Chef Parnass Lim Savang shared a few more details with Eater Atlanta.
- “Market is a Thai pop up restaurant that serves a small, focused menu based on traditional techniques but inspired by modern sensibilities,” the chef says. Savang believes this type of cuisine is underrepresented in Atlanta.
- The menu will cover roughly five dishes. Savang didn’t share specifics, but he and his team will use ingredients such as fresh-pressed coconut milk and pickled, fermented mustards.
- Most ingredients will be sourced from Georgia farms and local Thai markets.
- Market will make its debut at The Sound Table on April 17, and it will move to its semi-permanent home on April 28. Regular hours at Gato will be Friday through Sunday from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Savang will post updates on Market’s Instagram account.
“After many years hoping and wishing for a restaurant like Market, I’ve grown impatient and chosen to step up and make it happen,” Savang says. “I’m really excited to bring my vision of Thai food to Atlanta's dining scene.”
• Jarrett Stieber’s Eat Me Speak Me Pop-Up Is Moving to The SOS Tiki Bar [EATL]
• All Gato Coverage [EATL]
• All Pop-Ups Coverage [EATL]