The super-secret restaurant in the works from Unsukay Concepts will be called War Horse, and it’s opening adjacent to Local Three in Buckhead at 3290 Northside Parkway. Zagat first got wind of the project earlier this year. The company behind Local Three and Muss & Turner’s has filed plans with the city of Atlanta, and a tipster in the know has shared specifics with Eater Atlanta.
- The restaurant will be “a small, intimate speakeasy serving high-end steaks and high-end cocktails.” This fits with the “modern chophouse” idea mentioned in a recent want ad posted on Craigslist.
- The space, which housed Joël Brasserie way back in the day, is part of the same building that houses Local Three, and the two restaurants may share kitchen staff.
- “There are a handful of people who've paid for ‘memberships’ to War Horse.” It isn’t clear whether the restaurant will be accessible by membership only, or if it will be open to the public in some capacity.
Reached for comment regarding the Craigslist ad seeking a chef de cuisine for a new Unsukay restaurant, a representative for the company was mum on details but said, “I can tell you that this is a project unlike anything the group has worked on before and a fresh concept for Atlanta.” The restaurant is on track to open in July.
• The Muss & Turner’s Team Is Working on a ‘Modern Chophouse’ [EATL]
• All Local Three Coverage [EATL]
• All Muss & Turner’s Coverage [EATL]