Forsyth County is getting a massive mixed-use village that, developers hope, may take a taste of modern urban living to the suburbs, and the project has just announced several restaurants among its tenants. Halcyon, as the development is called, will house three previously announced ventures from chef Marc Taft along with expansions for a few more local dining brands:
- Gu’s Dumplings, the Sichuan offshoot of the defunct Gu’s Bistro that has locations at Krog Street Market and SunTrust Park.
- Tacayo, a Tulum, Mexico-inspired taco stand from South Main Kitchen owner Louis Soon.
- Kilwins Chocolates, Fudge, and Ice Cream, the national dessert chain that operates an outpost in Atlantic Station.
- Land of a Thousand Hills Coffee Company, a local coffee shop that sources and roasts its own beans and has cafes in Roswell, Atlantic Station, Midtown, and Cumming.
- Feed Fried Chicken + Such, Taft’s fast-casual yardbird restaurant that also boasts a location at the Battery development adjacent to SunTrust Park.
- A currently unnamed burger venture from Taft. The restaurant will serve a signature beef blend that is ground fresh throughout the day, fresh-cut fries, milkshakes, and beer.
- Butcher & Brew, Soon’s Alpharetta-based sports bar sister to South Main Kitchen.
- Never Enough Thyme, an Alpharetta-based restaurant that is re-locating and will serve “high-quality, homemade food” for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Co-Op Community Kitchen & Table, a modern-Southern restaurant from Taft.
Gu’s, Tacayo, Kilwins, Land of a Thousand Hills, Feed, and Taft’s burger restaurant will operate as stalls inside Halcyon’s market hall. Butcher & Brew, Never Enough Thyme, and Co-Op will be full-service restaurants with their own dedicated spaces. Developers also plan to install 500,000 square feet of office space, a dine-in movie theater, two hotels, 690 residential units, and a 50-acre green space.
Halcyon is being constructed northeast of Alpharetta off Turner McDonald Parkway. The restaurants are expected to come online sometime in 2018.
• Chicken And The Egg’s Marc Taft Is Opening Three Forsyth Restaurants [EATL]
• All Developments Coverage [EATL]