Representatives for New Realm Brewing, the forthcoming brewery and restaurant from former Stone Brewing Co. brewmaster Mitch Steele, released new design details on Tuesday. It’s on track for a fall opening at 550 Somerset Terrace NE, in Poncey-Highland’s forthcoming, BeltLine-adjacent Common Ground development.
Local firms ai3 and Choate Construction are running the show. Among the design decisions patrons can expect at New Realm:
- The industrial space will be colored with “rich, earthy tones” and “deep green highlights.”
- Accents and hardware will be made from reclaimed hickory, railroad timbers, raw steel, and oil-rubbed bronze.
- Hand-carved wooden “hop art,” a rusted-steel New Realm logo, and Lord of the Rings-inspired stone “Radagast” heads will be part of the decor, as well.
- The space will include a main dining room, interior bar, lower-level patio, BeltLine-facing beer garden, and rooftop patio.
- Private dining will be available in a lower-level room, and tastings and tours will be held on the second floor.
- New Realm will offer seating for 400 guests, and views will include the brewery’s 25-hectoliter, four-vessel brewhouse and 50-hectoliter tank farm.
When running at full production, New Realm is expected to pump out approximately 20,000 barrels and will have the capability to keg, bottle, and can its own brews.
The Common Ground project, which comes from local development company Third & Urban, announced two more dining tenants on Tuesday, reports What Now Atlanta. Bazati Hall is the name of the previously mentioned “Latin-inspired brasserie,” and it will feature eight merchants selling “high-quality food and non-food products.” Estrella will serve as a Miami- and Paris-inspired "rooftop champagne and cocktail bar" with small plates on the menu, per WNA.
Common Ground is taking over the former Western Electric building, which currently houses Two Urban Licks. That restaurant will remain open as part of the development. Like New Realm, Bazati Hall and Estrella are all expected to open this fall.
• New Realm Brewing Company Will Open in Poncey-Highland Later This Year [EATL]
• A ‘Latin-Inspired Brasserie’ Is Planned for an Incoming BeltLine Development [EATL]
• Third & Urban Names Its BeltLine Project ‘Common Ground,’ Reveals Tenants [WNA]