It’s Election Day, and Georgians have a lot at stake. This includes an incredibly tight race for governor between Stacey Abrams (D) and Brian Kemp (R) and ballot measures on everything from school taxes to allowing booze to be served in restaurants starting at 11 a.m. on Sundays.
Atlanta restaurants and bars want to thank voters on Election Day for doing their civic duty with complimentary drinks, fries, and even chocolate and scoops of ice cream. While offering free food and drinks to voters is technically illegal, restaurants can legally get around this by opening up their food and drink specials to everyone — even to those not wearing the coveted “I’m A Georgia Voter” sticker. But, let’s face it, Georgia has the best voter sticker in the country. Earn that sticker on Election Day, and flaunt it proudly.
This guide will be continuously updated through Election Day. And, here’s a list of the best places to watch the election results tonight.
- Chef Hugh Acheson’s Empire State South in Midtown is offering all guests wearing a sticker a complimentary snaquiri on Election Day. What’s a snaquiri? Think a tiny daiquiri meant to be taken as a shot or consumed in two sips.
- Wear a voter sticker to any Revelator Coffee shop on Election Day and get $1 off the order. Some locations will close early to allow their staff time to vote.
- Get an extra scoop of ice cream with the purchase of a standard or single cone or cup at any Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream shop during Election Day.
- Farm Burger wants Georgians to rock the vote for free fries on Election Day. Simply mention this post for free fries. Please note: All Atlanta-based Farm Burgers will open at 12:30 p.m. on Election Day in order to give their employees time to vote in the morning.
- Wear that sticker to Muchacho in Reynoldstown for a post-polls, complimentary cup of coffee.
- Atlanta-based Xocolatl is offering all voters 20 percent off their online order using promo code IAMAVOTER now through Election Day.
- Both Bocado in Westside and Bocado Burger in Alpharetta are offering a complimentary draft beer with a regular burger purchase throughout Election Day for voters.
- Sweet Auburn BBQ in Poncey-Highland is offering half-priced select pints and cocktails for anyone wearing their sticker on Election Day.
- Diners wearing their sticker to 4 Rivers Smokehouse on Marietta Street in Westside will receive a free cupcake from The Sweet Shop.
- Fox Bros. Bar-B-Q in Candler Park or at the que-osk on Ottley Drive in the Armour neighborhood will take 15 percent off the bill on Election Day when presented with a voter sticker (limit 1 per table or per person at the que-osk.)
- Bring that sticker to Chai Pani in Decatur for a free cup of chai on Election Day.
- Avondale Estates butcher shop Pine Street Market is giving away bacon jam with each purchase on Election Day for those wearing stickers.
- Stuck in line? Pizza to the Polls feeds hungry voters stuck in line on Election Day. Report a long line at a polling station and free pizza from local pizzerias will magically appear. Report a long line on their website or take a photo of said line and share on their Twitter or Facebook page. Include the address and a phone number. Voters can track their pizza’s progress online.
- Wear a voter sticker on Election Day to Independent Grounds Coffee in Kennesaw and get 25 percent off a coffee.
- Take a photo of the voter sticker and post it with the hashtag #ilovemypotato to get 10 percent off an order at My Potato Factory in Westview.
- Bring in an “I voted” sticker for 10 percent off at Proof Bakeshop in Inman Park on Election Day.
- Wear a voter sticker to either Naan Stop shop and get a free naan on Election Day.
- Get a $6 margarita at Guac y Margys at SPX Alley on the Beltline in the Old Fourth Ward with a voter sticker on Election Day.
- Show that sticker at both Sublime Doughnuts shops and get a free doughnut.
- Wear a sticker, get a free, small cup of coffee at Refuge Coffee in Clarkston.
- The Barrelhouse pub in the Old Fourth Ward will take 20 percent off the bill when presented with a voter sticker on Election Day.
- Show up with a voter sticker at Westview Corner Grocery in Westview and get $1 off a six pack or 10 percent off a bottle of wine.
- Anyone who alerts a server or bartender at Torched Hop Brewing Company in Midtown that they voted will get 15 percent off their bill on Election Day.
- Baker Dude Bakery Cafe at the Beacon in Grant Park is offering 10 percent off for those with voting stickers.
- Vote and get a handshake from the bartender in the form of a snaquiri at Little Spirit in Inman Park.