Grindhouse Killer Burgers on Memorial Drive will officially open for business today at 5 p.m.
The Grant Park outpost is a single story restaurant like the Piedmont Heights locale but with more patio space; including a covered area complete with Astro-Turf, one with outdoor bar seating, and another with shuffleboard and ping pong. The burger shop also has a dedicated parking lot; a real luxury on this side of town.
According to owner Alex Brounstein, the property was once home to the roadhouse dive beer bar Roy Hale’s Supper Club before it became Crazy Horse Saloon in the 1980s. The location’s seedy past is what attracted him to the property.
Grant Park-Memorial Drive is the seventh Grindhouse. The local burger chain also has locations at Sweet Auburn Curb Market, in Piedmont Heights/Ansley, Athens, Decatur, and two stalls at Hartsfield-Jackson International airport. But, Brounstein told Eater Atlanta in March, this latest location may not be his last in metro Atlanta.
Take a look inside the new Grindhouse on Memorial.
Update: Must be 18 and older to play shuffleboard and ping pong.
701 Memorial Avenue, Atlanta.
- Grindhouse Burgers-Grant Park Opening, Owner Talks Future Restaurants [EATL]
- Killer Burgers and Boozy Shakes Arriving Soon on Memorial Drive [EATL]
- Grindhouse Killer Burgers Is Planning a Memorial Drive Outpost [EATL]
- Impossible Burger Patties Invade Atlanta [EATL]
- Grindhouse Opens Second Airport Location; Decatur Restaurant Is Coming Soon [EATL]