Welcome to Eater Atlanta’s biweekly restaurant and food news round-up. Catch up on Eater ATL’s most read stories and popular maps over the last two weeks, a few ICYMI reads, and the latest list of restaurant opening announcements and closings.
Here’s a look back at what piqued the interests of Eater Atlanta readers.
Most Read Stories — May 13 through May 24
- Just What Does Andrew Zimmern Have in Store for Westside’s New Food Hall? [Updated] —Chattahoochee Food Works and Andrew Zimmern vow to bring “international fare” to Atlanta — but will it tap into the people already doing that here?
- Ponce City Market Cocktail Lounge and Restaurant the Mercury Is Closing — The Mercury, located on the second floor of the food hall, closes Friday, May 31.
- Chef Brings the Dishes of Puebla and Guadalajara to Buckhead in August — Chef Luis Damian to open Botanico above Savi Provisions on Pharr Road, and Mexican “caviar” and tlacoyos are on the menu.
- Persian Restaurant Rumi’s Kitchen Moves Into Midtown’s Colony Square Next Spring — The popular Persian restaurant opens its third Atlanta location next spring at Colony Square on the corner of 14th and Peachtree streets.
- Little Tart Bakeshop Expands in Grant Park Once Revelator Departs in December — Revelator Coffee says goodbye to the Jane on December 31, leaving Little Tart Bakeshop to expand into a full-service cafe there.
- An All-Day Breakfast Restaurant Called Snooze Opens Soon in Sandy Springs — Denver-based Snooze an A.M. Eatery opens for breakfast and brunch at the Gateway complex on Roswell Road in Sandy Springs next winter.
Big Opening News
- Peek Inside Little Rey, Ford Fry’s Restaurant Dedicated to Chicken al Carbon — Little Rey opens Memorial Day in Piedmont Heights for breakfast tacos and wood- and charcoal-roasted yardbirds.
- Add Doughnuts and Hot Dogs to the Growing Restaurant List in Summerhill — Eater chatted with the owners of Hot Dog Pete’s and Hero Doughnuts, here’s what to expect when they open in Summerhill this year.
Where to Eat and Drink This Weekend
- Here’s How to Spend a Night Crawling Along Ponce — Here’s how to spend a night crawling along Ponce, from rooftop cocktails and dive bar beers to late night breakfast and 3 a.m. doughnuts.
- Sip These 13 Spritz Cocktails This Summer in Atlanta — The refreshing bittersweet cocktail was made for sipping on hot Southern summer days.
- Restaurants to Try This Weekend in Atlanta — From vegan breakfast options to paella and wine on a patio.