Eater Atlanta is a local news and service site based in the city of Atlanta reporting on restaurants and bars, dining and dining trends, food pop-ups and food trucks, and the business of restaurants throughout Atlanta and metro Atlanta. It is part of the Eater network and under the Vox Media umbrella, based out of New York City.
Eater Atlanta accepts pitches on the following: local restaurant and dining news; dining/cuisine maps; in-depth dining/cuisine guides; food explainers and food crawls; reported restaurant/chef/local food industry features; and photography and illustrated stories featuring local restaurants and dining.
The site does not accept pitches on recipes, food holidays, grocery products, or conduct local restaurant reviews. While Eater Atlanta does occasionally accept local restaurant and dining-driven opinion pieces and first-person narratives, those pitches must come with a strong voice, fact-based conclusions, and/or direct personal experience.
Here are a few examples of what Eater Atlanta covers:
- A Buckhead Restaurant Comes Under Fire For Its Arbitrarily Enforced Dress Code
- Doraville Restaurant Snackboxe Bistro Brings Lao Barbecue to Duluth This September
- City of Atlanta Expands Designated Food Truck Areas Beyond Downtown
- Needs of Smaller Breweries Sidelined in Georgia’s Latest Proposed Beer Bill
- Atlanta Sommeliers Express Concern Over the Trump Administration’s Proposed European Wine Tariffs
- Where to Eat After Hiking Around Clayton in the North Georgia Mountains
- The Atlanta Guide to Groceries, Local Food, and Produce Delivery Services
- 19 Atlanta Restaurants For Fireside Dining Outdoors
- Why Deep-Fried, Jelly-Filled Sufganiyot are a Hanukkah Tradition
- Scenes From a Holiday Bar Crawl Through Atlanta
- East Atlanta Village Tasting Menu Experience Brings New Meaning to Dinner and a Movie
- Pitmaster Bryan Furman Is Back With a New Restaurant and a New Perspective
- The Fight to Unionize Georgia’s Hospitality Industry Is Underway
- The Next Chapter of South Downtown’s Historic Hotel Row Includes New Restaurants
- Former Minero Chef Explores His Peruvian Roots With His New Atlanta Pop-Up
- Landlocked Atlanta Has Its Own Mexican Seafood Restaurant Scene
- Atlanta Baker Betsy Gonzalez Sees Osono Bread as More Than ‘Just a Bakery’
- Icecream Walla Brings a Taste of India to Atlanta’s Ice Cream Scene
Pitches should include a subject matter with a clear angle, along with how the story will be structured, what the story hopes to conclude, and why the story is relevant to Atlanta. Eater Atlanta follows AP (Associated Press) style in tandem with Eater’s editorial guidelines.
When submitting a pitch, please provide a short summary of who you are, your background, and links to previous work or an online portfolio. Send pitches and portfolio to Eater Atlanta’s editor Beth McKibben at email@example.com. Please include the word “Pitch” in the subject line with a very brief description of the story.
Note: Eater Atlanta receives several pitches each month and tries to respond to each. However, if we do not respond within a month, please resubmit.